Monday, September 15, 2008

Scripture, Reflection & Prayer 09/15/2008

Simeon said to Mary, "Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign that will be contradicted. And your own soul a sword will pierce."

Reflection: On Calvary the sufferings of Mary most holy reached their height. Mary's presence at the foot of the Cross constituted a most special participation in the Redemptive Death of her Son.
- Pope John Paul II

Prayer: "Virgin of all virgins blest!...hasten to my fond request: let me share your grief Divine. Let me, to my latest breath,in my body bear the death, of your dying Son Divine."


From: Mary Day by Day (Catholic Book Publishing Corp., New York)

add to del.icio.us :: Add to Blinkslist :: add to furl :: Digg it :: add to ma.gnolia :: Stumble It! :: add to simpy :: seed the vine :: :: :: TailRank :: post to facebook

No comments: