Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scripture, Reflection and Prayer 11/4/2008

I say to you...unless you repent, you will all perish the same way.
- Lk 13:5

Reflection: To live the Christian life well there is need of continual repairing, of recurring reforms, of repeated renewals. The Christian life is not soft or easy. It is not blindly optimistic. It is joyous but it is not happy-go-lucky.
- Pope Paul VI

Prayer: O Lord, let me find a place for penitential practices in my life and in my spirituality. May I see fasting and mortification not as drudgery, but rather as avenues to freedom.


From: Minute Meditations from the Popes (Catholic Book Publishing Corp., New York)

add to del.icio.us :: Add to Blinkslist :: add to furl :: Digg it :: add to ma.gnolia :: Stumble It! :: add to simpy :: seed the vine :: :: :: TailRank :: post to facebook

No comments: