Monday, March 23, 2009

Scripture, Reflection and Prayer 03/23/2009

Each of you must give according as you have decided in your heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion. For God loves a cheerful giver.
- 2 Cor 9:7

Reflection:
Because all are entrusted with the vast area of charity and material assistance, I invite you to give generously. Give for the maintenance and support of seminarians, for the formation of the laity, in particular of catechists, for the construction of churches, schools, hospitals, and social work.
- Pope John Paul II

Prayer:
O Lord, grant that I may remember that what I have received from Your Providence, I have received in trust. Teach me to use these gifts with great generosity.


From: Minute Meditations from the Popes (Catholic Book Publishing Corp., New York)

Bookmark and Share

No comments: